COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much would you pay for this Baby?

+11
Attila The Dan
whacko
EOS
apeboy
manny
darkghost973
ASPrintingPress
kevbayer
ontheDL
BigC
cubemakers
15 posters

Go down

How much would you pay for this Baby? Empty How much would you pay for this Baby?

Post  cubemakers Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:06 am

I Got a ONE OF KIND, JAMUNGO BUD GID BLANK, ALL Signed a Costumized by HUCK GEE...

Do U Think is Special?

Should I Sell it?

How much would you pay for this Baby? X2_55e9c2e

http://plixi.com/p/90086446

Im Waiting for your opinions!

More and better pictures, Tomorrow!

Last edited by cubemakers on Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
cubemakers

Back to top Go down

How much would you pay for this Baby? Empty Re: How much would you pay for this Baby?

Post  BigC Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:13 am

I call dibs, if the price is right. how much are you looking for?
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

How much would you pay for this Baby? Empty Re: How much would you pay for this Baby?

Post  cubemakers Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:19 am

BigC wrote:I call dibs, if the price is right. how much are you looking for?

I'm just asking... Trying to put a value to my Toy-collection!

This is my only Jamungo !
cubemakers

Back to top Go down

How much would you pay for this Baby? Empty MORE PICS

Post  cubemakers Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:25 am

How much would you pay for this Baby? X2_55ea515

How much would you pay for this Baby? X2_55ea411

How much would you pay for this Baby? X2_55ea2b0
cubemakers

Back to top Go down

Post  ontheDL Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:33 am

The Huck design doesn't really add any value, IMO. Sell it to BigC for $40.
ontheDL
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  kevbayer Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:34 am

i think 50 is fair....just my opinion
kevbayer
kevbayer
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  ASPrintingPress Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:12 am

No wonder I can't sell any of my customs lately HAHA if a Huck doodle can't sell a toy then I'm F'ed in the A! Very Happy
ASPrintingPress
ASPrintingPress
CAD Too Buku

http://asprintingpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  darkghost973 Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:07 am

how much did you pay to have huck sign/doodle your one of a kind bud? that hows much more its worth What a Face
darkghost973
darkghost973
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  cubemakers Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:16 am

hehehehe. thanks for yours comments. But I think is pretty awesome to have a one of only 250 GID BUD´s, signed by someone as important as huck, and specialy because he have never done a custom for any jamungo ... and, I didn't Pay anything for his signature/doodle
cubemakers

Back to top Go down

Post  manny Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:32 am

cubemakers wrote:hehehehe. thanks for yours comments. But I think is pretty awesome to have a one of only 250 GID BUD´s, signed by someone as important as huck, and specialy because he have never done a custom for any jamungo ... and, I didn't Pay anything for his signature/doodle

I have a couple of munnys doodled by Kozik and I couldn't even sell them for what the toy is worth. I think a full blown custom would be worth alot but doodles aren't worth much. I would say $50 is fair as well.
manny
manny
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  apeboy Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:26 am

Personally I don't get all the Huck hype there's far more talented & less recognised artists around.

Now, if it had been doodled by the Fergster it'd be worth a hella lot more What a Face
apeboy
apeboy
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  EOS Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:43 am

I have a couple of munnys doodled by Kozik and I couldn't even sell them for what the toy is worth. I think a full blown custom would be worth alot but doodles aren't worth much. I would say $50 is fair as well.

I second that! . . . How much would you pay for this Baby? Emoticon-anime-080
EOS
EOS
CAD Grunt

https://www.facebook.com/ani.eos

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:46 pm

EOS...

How much would you pay for this Baby? Captur11

For some reason I am thinking the Force ain't all that strong with you... that is unless you enjoy advertising for Angelfire, the worlds shittiest host. Wink
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://jdecelles.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Attila The Dan Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:44 pm

apeboy wrote:Personally I don't get all the Huck hype

Me neither ..
Attila The Dan
Attila The Dan
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  EOS Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:59 pm

Quite honestly, neither do I. His stuff is good, no doubt about it, but I still don't understand why he is SO BIG in the industry. I don't mean this in a negative way, but when compared to the likes of MAD, Brandt Peters, Jesse Hernandez and Tado, his recognition and fame seems to surpass them by miles. I been an artist more than half of my life; I've done several art shows around the world, shared center stage with big names in the industry and seen thousands of artworks that would tickle Picasso's art muse, yet, Huck Gee remains rockstar. Would love to know what his secret is, aside from his talent and obviously hard work.
EOS
EOS
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:14 pm

EOS wrote:
Quite honestly, neither do I. His stuff is good, no doubt about it, but I still don't understand why he is SO BIG in the industry. I don't mean this in a negative way, but when compared to the likes of MAD, Brandt Peters, Jesse Hernandez and Tado, his recognition and fame seems to surpass them by miles. I been an artist more than half of my life; I've done several art shows around the world, shared center stage with big names in the industry and seen thousands of artworks that would tickle Picasso's art muse, yet, Huck Gee remains rockstar. Would love to know what his secret is, aside from his talent and obviously hard work.
He sold his soul to the Devil. hahahaha. I DO think he is overrated, but that being said, I would love to see what he would do with a production bud.
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  EOS Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:16 pm

Mmmmh? Okay, but so did you, so whats your point? Bahahahahahahahaha!
Yeah! I wish the Gee man would turn over to the Dark Side and make Kaboom of a bud. That would be sweet as a non-sugar free candy! Word!
EOS
EOS
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:13 pm

I have seen a lot of cool things from Huck and then some things that don't look like they had any time or thought put into them at all.

For one of his full-blown customs I might pay a couple of hundred dollars (if I were a fan) but for the doodles he does at conventions or what not I would pay only slightly more than the base-toy itself.
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://jdecelles.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  fender Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:38 am

EOS wrote:

Its all about marketing man. Huck must have done something awesome for someone famous and it just snow balled from there. As far as Kozik goes, I read his name in some illustration design magazines for winning awards then saw all his Kidrobot labbits etc.
fender
fender
I love C3p0

Back to top Go down

Post  EOS Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:49 am

You are right, Fen! If Huck Gee knows something that most of us don't is how to market himself and the fact that he has worked with Marc Jacobs and Ken Block on certain projects do give his work extra weight.
EOS
EOS
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Attila The Dan Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:38 am

Kozik is another one .. I think that the market is FAR too oversaturated with his stuff.
Attila The Dan
Attila The Dan
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  fight4ureblood Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:38 pm

you ya selvz should know to just see past the clutter of main stream and go for the real out standing artists that have something new and different to offer something with personalty
fight4ureblood
fight4ureblood
Trench Warmer

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_138684816200958&ap

Back to top Go down

Post  nyhousekid Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:17 pm

not a big fan of hucks...like others have said love some pieces ..others I scratch my head out...Yet his demand will always be there..he has a huge fan base...He releases customs ranging from 600-over 2,000 & they always sell out in seconds...He is I think the only contemporary custom toy maker who has multiple pieces inside the Moma's permanent collection.....Also most vinyl toys that go to auction houses go to phillips de pury.....his normally go to Christie’s....crazy I know but these are the reasons why people pay because they not just love his work but feel its a solid investment..I don't agree but these are just the facts....now going back to that little doodle on the bud...I'd say $50 is fair...ebay might bring you a lil over a 100..maybe 150 ish...but Im not too confident in that....if you can get 75-100 from anyone without having to pay fees I'd jump on it.....
nyhousekid
nyhousekid
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  Gimby Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:26 pm

nyhousekid wrote:not a big fan of hucks...like others have said love some pieces ..others I scratch my head out...Yet his demand will always be there..he has a huge fan base...He releases customs ranging from 600-over 2,000 & they always sell out in seconds...He is I think the only contemporary custom toy maker who has multiple pieces inside the Moma's permanent collection.....Also most vinyl toys that go to auction houses go to phillips de pury.....his normally go to Christie’s....crazy I know but these are the reasons why people pay because they not just love his work but feel its a solid investment..I don't agree but these are just the facts....now going back to that little doodle on the bud...I'd say $50 is fair...ebay might bring you a lil over a 100..maybe 150 ish...but Im not too confident in that....if you can get 75-100 from anyone without having to pay fees I'd jump on it.....

^now that was very interesting to read

thank you for this info Jordan!

btw, what kinds of customs do you have in your own collection? would love to see 'em.
Gimby
Gimby
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down