COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motorbot X Jamungo 9" :: Appreciation Thread

+13
linkwood
magnus
Buellster
marshhouse
Assburrito!
EL PADRINO
Admin
ontheDL
whacko
dreamattack27
doug
BigC
Mendez
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Motorbot X Jamungo 9" :: Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Motorbot X Jamungo 9" :: Appreciation Thread

Post  whacko Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:02 am

BigC wrote:

In the past, when it comes to certain jamungo figures, the numbers have not always dictated the rarity or value. For example, there are more 3" orange nades and chrome aluminum buds then the first candypaint, yet the candypaints were easier to get, due to the whole blind pull situation. For that reason the orange nade and aluminum bud (loose) have gone for more then double the amount of a sealed candypaint 31.

Using the same logic, unless you were a budscriber, you had no chance at a 3" mummy bud. Thus far, it seems as though almost every budscriber is a collector. Considering all of this, it is more difficult for a non budscriber to get the 3" then the 9"

If I did not already have one, I would easily pay $125 for the 3" mummy bud shipped and would consider quiz's current price. I would buy a second one right now for $90 in a heartbeat. I paid a lot more then that for my 3" orange nade and was willing to pay even more for the chrome aluminum bud, before I pulled one.

Thats true.

What I should have said was: "If I had the available funds I would probably pay the $150 for the 3" Mummy, but I don't. At around $90-100 I would consider scraping some money together though." Wink Even so it would be nice to know the edition size.

The Orange Candypaints were an edition of 31, the Chrome Aluminium BUDs are an edition of 33. However some must still be hiding inside their blindboxes because they are almost impossible to find. Logic dictates that if they are as common as the Candypaint 31, they should show up for sale with about the same frequency.

The Unabomber, whose edition is approximately 300 units, is very rare to see for sale and is highly desired (possibly the most sought after BUD, even) but sells reasonably at $90-100 if you can find one. The Blue Candypaint, which is more rare, sells for around $80, and the Red SDCC Invidible Mask BUD still goes for only around $100 even though there were only 50 (and its damn fucking cool!)
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://jdecelles.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Motorbot X Jamungo 9" :: Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Motorbot X Jamungo 9" :: Appreciation Thread

Post  BigC Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:51 am

whacko wrote:
BigC wrote:

In the past, when it comes to certain jamungo figures, the numbers have not always dictated the rarity or value. For example, there are more 3" orange nades and chrome aluminum buds then the first candypaint, yet the candypaints were easier to get, due to the whole blind pull situation. For that reason the orange nade and aluminum bud (loose) have gone for more then double the amount of a sealed candypaint 31.

Using the same logic, unless you were a budscriber, you had no chance at a 3" mummy bud. Thus far, it seems as though almost every budscriber is a collector. Considering all of this, it is more difficult for a non budscriber to get the 3" then the 9"

If I did not already have one, I would easily pay $125 for the 3" mummy bud shipped and would consider quiz's current price. I would buy a second one right now for $90 in a heartbeat. I paid a lot more then that for my 3" orange nade and was willing to pay even more for the chrome aluminum bud, before I pulled one.

Thats true.

What I should have said was: "If I had the available funds I would probably pay the $150 for the 3" Mummy, but I don't. At around $90-100 I would consider scraping some money together though." Wink Even so it would be nice to know the edition size.

The Orange Candypaints were an edition of 31, the Chrome Aluminium BUDs are an edition of 33. However some must still be hiding inside their blindboxes because they are almost impossible to find. Logic dictates that if they are as common as the Candypaint 31, they should show up for sale with about the same frequency.

The Unabomber, whose edition is approximately 300 units, is very rare to see for sale and is highly desired (possibly the most sought after BUD, even) but sells reasonably at $90-100 if you can find one. The Blue Candypaint, which is more rare, sells for around $80, and the Red SDCC Invidible Mask BUD still goes for only around $100 even though there were only 50 (and its damn fucking cool!)

As far as the chrome buds go, there are hundreds of unopened blinds still out there in different places. Not to mention the unofficial rumor about a certain number of them being destroyed for some reason. The whole point is, if you had $35, or whatever the original candypaint went for, you paid that and it was yours. It did not sell out hella quick like the rediculous Huck sellouts, so whoever wanted it pretty much was able to get it, as long as they got the email in time. Avg. price for the white stripes blinds in the states has been around $25, and you could conceivably buy 100 of them and still not get a chrome out of it. The 3" nades avg. was about $15 and we all know how easy it was to scratch a tiny hole in it and see if it was orange or grey. Unfortunately, many of us did not realize this until we spent hundreds of dollars on "blinds".
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:20 am

whacko wrote:

not if they are in the hands of white stripes fans. those fuckers are pretty hardcore.
Admin
Admin
FERG

http://www.jamungo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:22 am

Admin wrote:
whacko wrote:

not if they are in the hands of white stripes fans. those fuckers are pretty hardcore.

I need to travel to England and start taking people out. Don't worry when I get all their chrome buds, I will distribute them to the Jamungo community.
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  EL PADRINO Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:28 am

thx C!
EL PADRINO
EL PADRINO
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:41 am

BigC wrote:
Admin wrote:
whacko wrote:

I need to travel to England and start taking people out. Don't worry when I get all their chrome buds, I will distribute them to the Jamungo community.

I am one of those fans Wink
But still, people sell shit they "love" all the time.

Had I been collecting Jamungo when the candypaints came out, they both would have been mine 2 minutes after Ferg put them up for sale. As it is, I missed the blue one by this || much.

And BigC.. if you got to England and bring back some chrome, i will refund you the cost of your plane tickets Smile
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:19 am

wow...that's a lot of money. That is an expensive plane ticket. If you are willing to spend that much on it, hell, I'll sell you mine. LOL
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:52 am

BigC wrote:wow...that's a lot of money. That is an expensive plane ticket. If you are willing to spend that much on it, hell, I'll sell you mine. LOL

I meant if you kill a bunch of people, and bring back several chrome Wink
Also.. you might be thinking first class or coach.. I was thinking postal....
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  Assburrito! Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:35 pm

I finally took a pic of the 2 together!

Motorbot X Jamungo 9" :: Appreciation Thread - Page 2 3049720823_decdc51dd3
Assburrito!
Assburrito!
CAD Too Buku

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joerosedesign

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:41 pm

Assburrito! wrote:I finally took a pic of the 2 together!

Man I want a 3" but I just don't have the funds to pay $150-175 for a 3" toy right now.
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:13 pm

do eeet cheers
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:17 am

Yesssss, jooiinnn usssssss...
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  marshhouse Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:31 am

whacko wrote:
Assburrito! wrote:I finally took a pic of the 2 together!

Man I want a 3" but I just don't have the funds to pay $150-175 for a 3" toy right now.

What can you afford?
marshhouse
marshhouse
CAD Grunt

http://www.marshhouseart.com

Back to top Go down

Motorbot X Jamungo 9" :: Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty Bring it on LMFSO

Post  Buellster Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:14 am

I wouldnt come to England...cos we would just kick you asses...LOL Laughing Twisted Evil

You would need to bring a glock and AK to take my chrome, by the way I recently ordered 10 white stripes blinds from Forbidden Planet to have order cancelled and told not longer available???? affraid

Oh... Big Thanks to Jamungo for my Motobot 9" arrived super safe today, more cool stickers enclosed.
Love the spine moulding...SWEET.
Can't wait for my commissioned Motobot bud n nade to come, plus waiting on an Okedoki Twisted Evil
Buellster
Buellster
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:30 am

Buellster wrote:I wouldnt come to England...cos we would just kick you asses...LOL Laughing Twisted Evil

You would need to bring a glock and AK to take my chrome, by the way I recently ordered 10 white stripes blinds from Forbidden Planet to have order cancelled and told not longer available???? affraid

Oh... Big Thanks to Jamungo for my Motobot 9" arrived super safe today, more cool stickers enclosed.
Love the spine moulding...SWEET.
Can't wait for my commissioned Motobot bud n nade to come, plus waiting on an Okedoki Twisted Evil

Well duh....you are part of the crew. I would jack the rest of England though. Twisted Evil
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Buellster Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:31 pm

Drop me names and addresses, I'll do the rest.... lol!

If you need either of the motobots, I know $£$£$£ is tight for us all, I would do it, they are both awesome pieces in their own rights, You will regret not having them in your collection...just my 5 cents worth Twisted Evil
Buellster
Buellster
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  Mendez Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:32 pm

I've updated the main post here to start a gallery of sorts. Not sure who "pulled out" of the raffle, so we'll have to see who pops up with one not on the initial list. I love this piece! It's definitely cool to see the differences on each piece.
Mendez
Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://soundcloud.com/iowatest

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:58 pm

Mendez wrote:I've updated the main post here to start a gallery of sorts. Not sure who "pulled out" of the raffle, so we'll have to see who pops up with one not on the initial list. I love this piece! It's definitely cool to see the differences on each piece.

I have to take some new pics too.
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  magnus Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:58 pm

Motorbot X Jamungo 9" :: Appreciation Thread - Page 2 3063389512_f9c74bc969

He´s not so happy about the swedish weather. Other than that he will get lots of love.
magnus
magnus
Trench Warmer

http://www.flickr.com/photos/magnusblank/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mendez Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:17 am

magnus wrote:Motorbot X Jamungo 9" :: Appreciation Thread - Page 2 3063389512_f9c74bc969

He´s not so happy about the swedish weather. Other than that he will get lots of love.

wow, that looks as clean as a medical lab. updated the main post with it. cheers
Mendez
Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  Mendez Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:44 am

Makes me wonder, how many of those on the raffle list actually come back to this forum. Keep em coming.
Mendez
Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:17 am

Motorbot family
Motorbot X Jamungo 9" :: Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Dscn1713
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Mendez Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:07 am

BigC wrote:Motorbot family
Motorbot X Jamungo 9" :: Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Dscn1713

nice
Mendez
Mendez
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  Buellster Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:15 pm

Here's my scary couple affraid

Motorbot X Jamungo 9" :: Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Jamungo

Motorbot X Jamungo 9" :: Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Collectiondec
Buellster
Buellster
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  magnus Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:31 pm

Mendez wrote:
magnus wrote:Motorbot X Jamungo 9" :: Appreciation Thread - Page 2 3063389512_f9c74bc969

wow, that looks as clean as a medical lab. updated the main post with it. cheers

Hehe it´s my office Smile
magnus
magnus
Trench Warmer

http://www.flickr.com/photos/magnusblank/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next