COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question About Shipping Internationally

+2
ontheDL
ilovefreestufftoo
6 posters

Go down

Question About Shipping Internationally Empty Question About Shipping Internationally

Post  ilovefreestufftoo Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:00 pm

I am in a middle of a trade with a member on here and I have to ship to the Ukraine. Never shipped there before. What method of shipping would be best to protect the person I'm trading with and myself?

ilovefreestufftoo
ilovefreestufftoo
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Question About Shipping Internationally Empty Re: Question About Shipping Internationally

Post  ontheDL Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:31 pm

USPS priority is usually what I do. Gets there fast and isn't too expensive. I always get insurance when I'm shipping international just in case, and you can't get that on regular first class.
ontheDL
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Question About Shipping Internationally Empty Re: Question About Shipping Internationally

Post  ilovefreestufftoo Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:35 pm

ontheDL wrote:USPS priority is usually what I do. Gets there fast and isn't too expensive. I always get insurance when I'm shipping international just in case, and you can't get that on regular first class.

Does priority have tracking too?
ilovefreestufftoo
ilovefreestufftoo
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  agentzuluka Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:37 pm

It's simple as that:
- USPS First Class International - no tracking outside USA at all, no insurance, no delivery confirmation, takes about 2-3 weeks
- USPS Priority Mail International - trackable outside USA, can be insured, delivery confirmation, takes about 1-2 weeks
- USPS Express Mail International - trackable outside USA at all, can be insured, delivery confirmation, takes about 1 week at very max

Feel free to ask more questions if you got any Smile
agentzuluka
agentzuluka
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  ilovefreestufftoo Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:39 pm

agentzuluka wrote:It's simple as that:
- USPS First Class International - no tracking outside USA at all, no insurance, no delivery confirmation, takes about 2-3 weeks
- USPS Priority Mail International - trackable outside USA, can be insured, delivery confirmation, takes about 1-2 weeks
- USPS Express Mail International - trackable outside USA at all, can be insured, delivery confirmation, takes about 1 week at very max

Feel free to ask more questions if you got any Smile

Roger that.
ilovefreestufftoo
ilovefreestufftoo
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  vicjeb Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:40 pm

ilovefreestufftoo wrote:
ontheDL wrote:USPS priority is usually what I do. Gets there fast and isn't too expensive. I always get insurance when I'm shipping international just in case, and you can't get that on regular first class.

Does priority have tracking too?
yes it does, so as first class
but using the first class mail you can only tracking the package until it left the country
priority mail can get the info when they arrived in the destination country, but you won't know whether the person get the packaged or not
express mail will get more detail info such as delivered (which means the person already got the package)
hope it helps
vicjeb
vicjeb
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  wpaarts Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:49 pm

To 95% I get things shipped First Class.
So far (almost 10 years) nothing have been lost (knock on wood).
However, I'm located in Sweden so I don't know about the Ukraine.
wpaarts
wpaarts
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://www.dynamofffc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  wpaarts Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:54 pm

In my opinion the shipping method is based on:
- the buyer and sellers reputation from previous deals
- the value of the item
wpaarts
wpaarts
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://www.dynamofffc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  chiprender Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:36 pm

I just shipped to Ukraine First Class Mail International.... no worries.
chiprender
chiprender
CAD Too Buku

http://www.chipthompson.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down