COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CAD's Behind the username: Meet & Greet

+36
mazdevilz
itsa_mia
Rambo84
ilovefreestufftoo
Kidglasgow
battymatt
Messatsu
SecurityGeek
AngieP
JuanMazuera
Reks36
kittenpixe
LonerStoner
Digg
Finnrcw
popsH2O
CMB
Teimaru
Gatiio
dedicatedart
vinyl_addict
el_payaso_loco
Geescube
devito1195
kuhwinters
Swordfish
Goddamnanalog
patrick40
JasperF
Colossus of Destiny
edstuff
sistersgrimm
Rivet
quentdiggy
CankleBreaker
ROACHSHACK138
40 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

CAD's Behind the username: Meet & Greet Empty CAD's Behind the username: Meet & Greet

Post  ROACHSHACK138 Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:05 am

I know that Circus Posterus has a thread dedicated to new boardies introducing themselves so I thought I'd start one. I know it can be intimidating when you're new to the boards (I sure as shit was), so maybe a little thread to wet your feet would be a good start. I'm mostly interested in the meanings behind some of your guys' screen names. That shit fascinates me!  lol! 

So I'll start and hopefully this will catch on: My name is Rob, I have a 2 year old daughter, a gf of 7 years, getting into this was pretty much inevitable as I collect comics, action figs, and other nerd shit. My name ROACHSHACK came from a joke I made about my poor man's version of a vigilante. It's a pun off of Rorschach from The Watchmen and the 138 is because The Misfits is my favorite band (We are 138! sqube)
ROACHSHACK138
ROACHSHACK138
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

CAD's Behind the username: Meet & Greet Empty Re: CAD's Behind the username: Meet & Greet

Post  CankleBreaker Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:18 am

This sounds like an AA meeting. With that being said...
I'm Charlie, I like robots (specifically Transformers) and started collecting Squadts as my first vinyl. My name CANKLEBREAKER is something I came up w/ since I hoop and did a spin off of the term "ankle break" but since I'm not that good at hooping I can only do that to people w/ cankles... Very Happy 
CankleBreaker
CankleBreaker
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

CAD's Behind the username: Meet & Greet Empty Re: CAD's Behind the username: Meet & Greet

Post  quentdiggy Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:53 am

My name is Ryan and I'm a Squadt-a-holic.

Naw, my name is complicated. It started because my last name is Long, then they called me Lombeegu, because my friends were mad stoned growing up, and made fun of a kid who always added a Hard G when he called my name, like "Hey Lon-G", they were like "Hey Lombee GUH" when the kid came around. Twas super mean, but it stuck. That morphed into Goob, then Long Tall and Gooey, then Von-goobenberger. Lastly my friend Chad said he saw some show about the Aztecs and there was a chief called Goobaquentes, so they started calling me that. Eventually i just called me Quent for short, but now they call me Quentor, Quent, and Quentdiggy, Diggyson, or just Diggy now.

My name is Ryan for the record.  rabbit 

I was around for the first Squadt release but didn't know what they were. I got in around Launch Party Nozzel and have been hooked since. Been a great ride FERG.  study cheers 
quentdiggy
quentdiggy
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  ROACHSHACK138 Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:37 am

See, that shit is fascinating. As I read that, I couldnt help but see the evolution chart, some Homo Erectus type shit (cue inappropriate laughter lol!).
ROACHSHACK138
ROACHSHACK138
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  Rivet Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:26 am

:steps up to mic:

My name is Laura. My user name is my business name, which is a toy store and art gallery. The name was chosen given my interest with the industrial-ebm aggro music scene and the industrial aesthetic mixed with a play on words of the meaning of rivet (attracting and holding attention).

I first followed Ferg's (and Trevor's) work with Jamungo and in 2006 hosted a custom Nade show in my city (prior to Rivet's opening) called Operation Fragmentation. I have since admired the visual detail of most Squadt figures and the Sqube  perple

I collect toys and artwork. I am a cancer survivor. I enjoy Bob's Burgers. I love me some wind turbines and tunnels.

:drops the mic:
Rivet
Rivet
Trench Warmer

http://www.rivetgallery.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sistersgrimm Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:10 am

Hi! I'm Katie. I like toys, comics, scary movies, and making stuff with things.

My username: my best friend and I used to get together every week to watch horror films and brainstorm ideas for this horror/detective writing project we've been working on forever. Someone made a joke about us being like Brothers Grimm only ladies (it was much funnier after a night of drinking and bad horror films, trust me), thus we were dubbed the Sisters Grimm.

First Squadt was a GASSED S004, I fell in love as soon as I took it out of the box. All the little details on the clothes, the simple expressiveness of the helmets, the way they look when you attach googly eyes. I love it all!
sistersgrimm
sistersgrimm
Trench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post  quentdiggy Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:13 am

Welcome Katie and Laura! Those stories are awesome, and so is Rivet.

P.S.  mad  CANCER!!!!!  I love you 
quentdiggy
quentdiggy
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  ROACHSHACK138 Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:15 am

Yes, welcome cheers. Its refreshing to see more female boardies chug
ROACHSHACK138
ROACHSHACK138
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  edstuff Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:43 am

Yeah my name doesn't have any special story. I was making an account on another website where you can showcase art and couldn't think of a screen name. So I came up with "ed's stuff". boom
edstuff
edstuff
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  Colossus of Destiny Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:33 am

edstuff wrote:Yeah my name doesn't have any special story.  I was making an account on another website where you can showcase art and couldn't think of a screen name.  So I came up with "ed's stuff".  boom

It could also be "Ed's Tuff."
Colossus of Destiny
Colossus of Destiny
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  Colossus of Destiny Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:48 am

I'll go: my name is Cassidy. I'm engaged to Annika, who posts here occasionally as Saraswati. I've always been into art, and Kozik was my gateway drug into the vinyl world. I've since gotten pretty bored with his work and sold it off. I got into BUDs and FERG's designs were always my favorite. I bought the first Squadt when it came out thinking that it was a one off cool sculpt and not knowing that I was starting on a horrible, crippling addiction. [Gotta catch 'em all.] At this point I only collect Squadts and Squbes and I have almost complete collections of both. [GIVE ME YOUR PETROLEUM OOZE]

My handle comes courtesy of the Melvins album 'Colossus of Destiny'

[The most irritatingly pointless album in their career - perfect for a guy like me.]
Colossus of Destiny
Colossus of Destiny
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  JasperF Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:59 pm

Guess I'll also have a go at it: My name is Jasper, forumname is JasperF. This simply because my second name starts with an F haha. I was told Jasper comes from the biblical Iasper, later translated as Gaspar or Jasper. He was one of the three wise men to visit the baby Jesus. The name is derived from the Persian kandschwar which means treasurekeeper. Im totally not religious but true to my name I always try to come bearing gifts Wink
JasperF
JasperF
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  edstuff Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:27 pm

Cool dudes! I can't believe I never thought of "ed's tuff" heh heh Maybe cuz I'm not that tuff  Cool
edstuff
edstuff
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  JasperF Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:55 pm

edstuff wrote:Cool dudes!  I can't believe I never thought of "ed's tuff" heh heh Maybe cuz I'm not that tuff  Cool

Or you're just not that stuff hahaha
JasperF
JasperF
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  edstuff Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:17 pm

JasperF wrote:
edstuff wrote:Cool dudes!  I can't believe I never thought of "ed's tuff" heh heh Maybe cuz I'm not that tuff  Cool

Or you're just not that stuff hahaha

My mind is officially blown
edstuff
edstuff
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  quentdiggy Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:23 pm

CAD's Behind the username: Meet & Greet New+Kids+On+The+Block+%2D+Hangin+Tough+%2D+7%22+RECORD-26822

Sorry...carry on.
quentdiggy
quentdiggy
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  edstuff Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:58 pm

I will kill you!!!  Laughing Laughing Laughing 
edstuff
edstuff
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  patrick40 Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:34 pm

my name "Patrick40" well my name is Patrick and all the Patrick's where gone so it was Patrick40 that worked  Laughing 

i first got into designer toy's a few years back when i got 4 kidrobot soutpark toys from evilbay ! i always loved that serie . then i found out that there where more in that serie and start google and found out about the vinyl toy scene ! started at the kidrobot forum and got into contact with a dutch customizer Don-p . i then started collecting the kidrobot bots . then i got the bigger mascot figures and finaly the kidrobot super mini keychains . but the last year 1,5 year kidrobot didn't bring out much and lost a little interest in them but collected a lot of custom ones from all kind of custom artist ! then i think about a half year ago i bought my first Squadt ! i always liked those Squadts but never got into them , wish i did ! i missed out on the SA Squadts and a lot of other cool Squadts ! but hey i found this awesome forum and a lot of cool boardies around here  Very Happy 
so now i am hooked too this awasome guy's

cheers Patrick
patrick40
patrick40
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  Goddamnanalog Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:50 pm

Hello all!

My name is Justin. I am a photographer and a painter. I manage a restaurant. I have a fiancé named Christa. I like to read, travel, watch movies. I collect cameras, art, figures, knives and Magic, The Gathering cards.

I started making hip-hop/rap and electronic music for about 6-7 years when I was 15. At that time I was huge into street art and graffitied up a storm. I went by the name Dest One. As the years went on I progressed in my photography and music and really started to have a better appreciation for all things analog. Photography film and polaroid, instruments/music equipment, vinyl records. I never really was a fan of digital things. I use them but if there is a real/tangible thing I can hold and use, I always prefer it! One day a friend asked me why I liked all this weird stuff and all I could say was god damn analog.

I guess my collecting started with comics. Which got me into figures from Spawn, Akira and what not. I eventually stumbled upon dunnys and collected those for awhile. During that time there were tons of figures I saw and fell in love with and added to a mental list. Things like Kaws, Coarse and 3A which I still collect. I saw the Squadts probably when they first came out but I didn't really like them at the time. I bought my first Squadt a few months ago, an Ooze Oilish. I guess the rest is all history.

Nice to meet you all!

Last edited by Goddamnanalog on Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Goddamnanalog
Goddamnanalog
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  Swordfish Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:51 pm

Hey, hey! Can I just say I'm loving this thread already...but, My name is Richard. I'm posted up in good ol KY right in the heart of bourbon country. Still pretty new to collecting but it was love at first sight.....thanks to TheMalkiWay! Big movie fan, always have been, especially horror. But for some reason always loved Swordfish. I mean you can't go wrong with John T. and Jackman. And I think we all can agree that Hallie wasn't too bad in it either!  Wink 
Swordfish
Swordfish
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  ROACHSHACK138 Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:36 pm

Swordfish wrote:Hey, hey! Can I just say I'm loving this thread already...but, My name is Richard. I'm posted up in good ol KY right in the heart of bourbon country. Still pretty new to collecting but it was love at first sight.....thanks to TheMalkiWay! Big movie fan, always have been, especially horror. But for some reason always loved Swordfish. I mean you can't go wrong with John T. and Jackman. And I think we all can agree that Hallie wasn't too bad in it either!   Wink 

That scene where Wolverine was getting a bj while trying to hack something freaked me out for some reason. But really glad this is catching on, its nice to see the other side of these screen names.
ROACHSHACK138
ROACHSHACK138
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  CankleBreaker Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:31 am

ROACHSHACK138 wrote:
Swordfish wrote:Hey, hey! Can I just say I'm loving this thread already...but, My name is Richard. I'm posted up in good ol KY right in the heart of bourbon country. Still pretty new to collecting but it was love at first sight.....thanks to TheMalkiWay! Big movie fan, always have been, especially horror. But for some reason always loved Swordfish. I mean you can't go wrong with John T. and Jackman. And I think we all can agree that Hallie wasn't too bad in it either!   Wink 

That scene where Wolverine was getting a bj while trying to hack something freaked me out for some reason. But really glad this is catching on, its nice to see the other side of these screen names.

O shit, never even realized that was Wolverine till now! Mind blown. cyclops 
CankleBreaker
CankleBreaker
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  Swordfish Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:46 am

CankleBreaker wrote:
ROACHSHACK138 wrote:

O shit, never even realized that was Wolverine till now! Mind blown. cyclops 

Makes you want to watch it again huh!?
Swordfish
Swordfish
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  kuhwinters Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:53 am

Great thread idea! I'm definitely into this.

My name is Kevin and I've been collecting toys for about 6 years now. I got started at Rotofugi buying dunnies and other Kidrobot pieces, and slowly started buying bigger, more expensive toys as time went on. The first squadt that I saw was the Born Wrong Germ, and I thought it was rad, but couldn't justify dropping the money on it at the time. I kept my eye on squadts for awhile, but took a long time to buy my first one. Since I live in the Chicago suburbs, I try to make it out to as many Rotofugi gallery openings as I can, so I was stoked to hear about the Squadt Assembly event. I got my first squadt at the show, and was instantly hooked. Prior to SA, I hadn't heard of CAD, but I thought it was so cool that all of you dudes were chatting and hanging out at the show, so I joined shortly after and the rest is history!

My username comes from a high school nickname. For those of you who are on the Squadt Asylum group on Facebook, you probably already know that my full name is Kevin Winters. In high school my friends started calling "kwinters," and eventually they started to emphasize the "k" sound, and it became "Kuhwinters" or "kuhwints." I love using it as my username for forums and websites for two reasons. First of all, I know it will never be taken. Second, it relates to my name, so I know I'll never get tired of it!

And there it is! Let's get some more names on here! CAD4LYFE  sqube 
kuhwinters
kuhwinters
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  devito1195 Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:17 am

Hi CAD -

As some of you know, my name is Ralph. I am a graphic designer at an electronics toy company here in NJ. We mainly deal with licensed toys and have working relationships with Mattel, Disney, Marvel, Nickelodeon, Lucas Films, Hasbro & Hello Kitty just to name a few. When I first started my job 9 1/2 years ago my friends couldn't believe I work for a toy company. When they ask me what I do there - i respond with "I am a package designer." That's usually followed up with "So what do you do?"    my response: "I'm the guy that determines how many wire ties go around the toy! Twisted Evil "  Friends reactions usually follow with "YOU'RE THAT DICK!" Needless to say I'm not the favorite person among parents.

I started collecting toys back around 2010. Just looking around eBay and came across a "suggestion" of a pair of figures. I decided to click on the suggestion and popped up 1 black vinyl toy and 1 white vinyl toy. Both of them had "DIE FUCKER" on their shirts. I couldn't believe what I was looking at & thought those were the coolest looking toys I've ever seen. Clicked the buy it now button and they were mine. Albino Doc was also bought right after that (since Doc was the first Squadt I had in my hands he became my profile pic). I was hooked. Didn't find out about CAD until 6 months later and just then was a lurker for a while. Decided to join in April 2011 and have loved every minute since. I'm not the most vocal guy on here but I try to be a pro-active guy behind the scenes and help out where I can. So don't be surprised if one day you see a pm from me.

Now a small fortune later and almost 450+ toys - I can say its become a sickness - but one that I welcome with open arms. I also have a pretty large comic collection (around 21 long boxes in total) Some good comics in there but nothing super rare.

Haven't had the pleasure of going to any of the shows or meeting anyone in person besides Moonman (did a trade with him a long time ago). As far as my username there is no great story behind it.
it's just my last name, my favorite sports figures jersey number #11 Mark Messier, followed by my sports number growing up #95

Now enough about me - on to the next person….

Last edited by devito1195 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:27 am; edited 1 time in total
devito1195
devito1195
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next