COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I just commissioned my first custom Bud

+6
colbert
whacko
DannyCassette
Buellster
darkghost973
EL PADRINO
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I just commissioned my first custom Bud Empty I just commissioned my first custom Bud

Post  EL PADRINO Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:34 am

actually i ordered 4. cant wait.

Last edited by EL PADRINO on Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
EL PADRINO
EL PADRINO
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

I just commissioned my first custom Bud Empty Re: I just commissioned my first custom Bud

Post  darkghost973 Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:42 pm

any pics yet Very Happy
darkghost973
darkghost973
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

I just commissioned my first custom Bud Empty Re: I just commissioned my first custom Bud

Post  Buellster Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:20 am

who's the customiser,

I am waiting on two from motobot, will post once finished !
Buellster
Buellster
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  darkghost973 Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:55 am

Buellster wrote:who's the customiser,

I am waiting on two from motobot, will post once finished !
what kind of theme u thinking with your customs buellster?, i love my motorbot nades Very Happy
darkghost973
darkghost973
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  Buellster Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:21 pm

Heaven n Hell is the theme...heres a taste of Hell

I just commissioned my first custom Bud 3343641975_7f0abf7918_m

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Buellster
Buellster
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  darkghost973 Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:07 am

Twisted Evil very nice Twisted Evil looking forward to see what the heaven themed one looks like
darkghost973
darkghost973
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  DannyCassette Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:30 pm

I don't know if its just me here but customs never seem that good looking. Not really interested in customs. Just never really see any one to really get me into them. Crying or Very sad
DannyCassette
DannyCassette
CAD Special Forces

http://www.minicassettetees.com

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:58 pm

DannyCassette wrote:I don't know if its just me here but customs never seem that good looking. Not really interested in customs. Just never really see any one to really get me into them. Crying or Very sad

Gee.. thanks for the encouraging comment... Rolling Eyes
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://jdecelles.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  DannyCassette Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:15 pm

whacko wrote:
DannyCassette wrote:I don't know if its just me here but customs never seem that good looking. Not really interested in customs. Just never really see any one to really get me into them. Crying or Very sad

Gee.. thanks for the encouraging comment... Rolling Eyes

lol...oh whacko give me a hug hunny.
DannyCassette
DannyCassette
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  colbert Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:40 am

it seems some artists can transfer to the media better than others. I've seen a few kollective fusion customs that i really like. His faberge egg style sqwert is pretty cool. That being said, I haven't had the urge to purchase a custom............yet.
colbert
colbert
ATV 'expert'

Back to top Go down

Post  DannyCassette Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:33 pm

colbert wrote:it seems some artists can transfer to the media better than others. I've seen a few kollective fusion customs that i really like. His faberge egg style sqwert is pretty cool. That being said, I haven't had the urge to purchase a custom............yet.

Boom! proof im not the only one. Suck it suckers! Unless its kozik drawing a really bad drawing of his already bad drawings of a an already rip of off the bud on his "Bomb" smoking a cigarette with his bad blood splatter I think customs are hard to figure out whats a good purchase.

P.S. Yeah I called out Kozik....what ever I do what I want to do. People who bought his terd smoking a cigarette should get out of the vinyl biz.

I like how Jamungo did it with Motorbot...and the candy paints...I think sanctioned "ultra" limited edition customs are the way to go. My neighbor Todd who works at kinkos and paints a skull on a bud or dunny and does only one of each does not make it a "rare" item or a collectors piece.
DannyCassette
DannyCassette
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:39 pm

DannyCassette wrote:
colbert wrote:it seems some artists can transfer to the media better than others. I've seen a few kollective fusion customs that i really like. His faberge egg style sqwert is pretty cool. That being said, I haven't had the urge to purchase a custom............yet.

Boom! proof im not the only one. Suck it suckers! Unless its kozik drawing a really bad drawing of his already bad drawings of a an already rip of off the bud on his "Bomb" smoking a cigarette with his bad blood splatter I think customs are hard to figure out whats a good purchase.

P.S. Yeah I called out Kozik....what ever I do what I want to do. People who bought his terd smoking a cigarette should get out of the vinyl biz.

I like how Jamungo did it with Motorbot...and the candy paints...I think sanctioned "ultra" limited edition customs are the way to go. My neighbor Todd who works at kinkos and paints a skull on a bud or dunny and does only one of each does not make it a "rare" item or a collectors piece.

I also dislike most of Koziks stuff. His Smorkin stuff is all pretty much crap and aside from the custom he did for the "This B.U.D's for You show" (LINK) I haven't really seen a whole lot of work of his that I really wanted to buy (if I had the money).

However I think Doktor A's customs are all insane, and I can see why they sell for such high prices (LINK). And almost all of Motorbot's customs are amazing as well, especially the limited JamungoxMotorbot Mummy Bud series.

Are all customs amazing? No. I too am tired of the paint splattered grunged "customs" that everyone makes. But some customs are very much works of art that even if you do not like the theme they are based on, you have to admire the skill that went into making them.
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:00 am

I will start out by saying that I am a fan of Kozik, I think he's hilarious. Yes, he is best known for the smoking/redrum/anarchy themes, but he's a very talented artist, and if you need proof then I would look into the amazing poster art he did in the 90's. There's a whole lot of Warhol in there too. I don't want to turn this into one of those ridiculous hate Kozik/love Kozik fights that are so prevalent over at the KR boards. To each his own. But I think if you looked closer you would see the irony in his work, and well, the smoking poop was hilarious.
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  colbert Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:08 pm

dreamattack27 wrote:I will start out by saying that I am a fan of Kozik, I think he's hilarious. Yes, he is best known for the smoking/redrum/anarchy themes, but he's a very talented artist, and if you need proof then I would look into the amazing poster art he did in the 90's. There's a whole lot of Warhol in there too. I don't want to turn this into one of those ridiculous hate Kozik/love Kozik fights that are so prevalent over at the KR boards. To each his own. But I think if you looked closer you would see the irony in his work, and well, the smoking poop was hilarious.

definitely shouldn't be an argument that he is a great artist, sometimes its like hearing the same song on the radio eight times in one day.
colbert
colbert
ATV 'expert'

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:39 pm

colbert wrote:
dreamattack27 wrote:I will start out by saying that I am a fan of Kozik, I think he's hilarious. Yes, he is best known for the smoking/redrum/anarchy themes, but he's a very talented artist, and if you need proof then I would look into the amazing poster art he did in the 90's. There's a whole lot of Warhol in there too. I don't want to turn this into one of those ridiculous hate Kozik/love Kozik fights that are so prevalent over at the KR boards. To each his own. But I think if you looked closer you would see the irony in his work, and well, the smoking poop was hilarious.

definitely shouldn't be an argument that he is a great artist, sometimes its like hearing the same song on the radio eight times in one day.

I don't hate Kozik, I hate most of his stuff. There is a difference there.
The reason I hate most of his stuff is that Kozik (or the people he makes stuff for) don't know when to call it quits.
Sure his smorkin bunny was kinda cute at first. But umpteen colorways later of the same exact thing gets annoying. And then we got smorking bacon & eggs, smorking this smorking that... give it a rest its not that great of a joke. The same goes with the anarchy items. Sure the anarchy logo is cool and iconic, but when you stamp in on the forehead of everything it just gets tiring. But waits.. lets mix it up, lets make it Smorkin & Anarchy... no thanks.

I agree that Kozik is a great artists, I mean his busts are all amazing as well as his Bud/Nade. The ultraviolence is kinda cool too, even though its mostly a ripoff of A Clockwork Orange. But the great glow of his artistic genius gets drowned in a dark sea of over-commercialized crap that gets churned out ad-nausium. I know toys are a commercial medium, but if I wanted the same crap over and over again I could go to walmart and buy pokemon/digimon/whatever-the-fuck-mon pocket monster toy is "cool" right now. Or I could collect Barbies.

Anyways, lets get back to the customs!
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

Back to top Go down

Post  colbert Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:06 pm

custom barbies, now there is an untapped market

yes, i agree, we need more progress pix of the customs
colbert
colbert
ATV 'expert'

Back to top Go down

Post  EL PADRINO Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:40 pm

[img]I just commissioned my first custom Bud Img_5410[/img]

ARRIVED THIS MORNING, MOTORBOT MUMMY NADE 3" + 9" : GID MUMMY BUD 9" (the 3" GID bud will be here soon).

Don't bite my steez!!!
EL PADRINO
EL PADRINO
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  jorester Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:08 am

Shocked Shocked
jorester
jorester
Quickly the Exits!

Back to top Go down

Post  EL PADRINO Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:24 am

i still cant believe i sold you the candypaint jorester...
EL PADRINO
EL PADRINO
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  Assburrito! Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:35 am

Sweet! I never thought about mummy nades. Nice!!! Another job well done by Mr. Motorbot!!!! Twisted Evil
Assburrito!
Assburrito!
CAD Too Buku

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joerosedesign

Back to top Go down

Post  colbert Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:42 am

yea, great idea padrino on the mummy nade. jealous. now make me more jealous and show us the collection. those look great.
colbert
colbert
ATV 'expert'

Back to top Go down

Post  jorester Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:53 am

EL PADRINO wrote:i still cant believe i sold you the candypaint jorester...

and I still thank you!!! el p
you show us your complete collection!!!!
your 2 nades are splendid!!!

Cool
jorester
jorester
Quickly the Exits!

Back to top Go down

Post  EL PADRINO Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:09 am

when i move and set everything up again i will show off the goods. i do have A LOT of holes now from my sale tho...
EL PADRINO
EL PADRINO
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:33 am

EL PADRINO wrote:[img]I just commissioned my first custom Bud Img_5410[/img]

ARRIVED THIS MORNING, MOTORBOT MUMMY NADE 3" + 9" : GID MUMMY BUD 9" (the 3" GID bud will be here soon).

Don't bite my steez!!!

YOUR steez? I was the first with the mummy bud...the whole production run bit MY steez
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  EL PADRINO Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:47 am

your steez is this I just commissioned my first custom Bud Dscn2500t
EL PADRINO
EL PADRINO
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next