COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm sick of custom charges!

+6
ontheDL
DrilOne
JasperF
smokebelch
itsa_mia
zmigol
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I'm sick of custom charges! - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm sick of custom charges!

Post  eldoobya Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:32 am

Wouldn't it be illegal for Ferg to mark down the actual price? Isn't this avoiding customs fees?

Why would you want him risk this? It's not Ferg's fault your country charges too much in import taxes.

It really blows the fees are so high. You really got be careful on what toys u buy and keep it limited to stuff you really, really, like. I totally understand the addiction to vinyl but u know the price of the toys and the fees associated. I hate to sound like a dick, but don't buy it if u can't afford it.

Edit: I was just thinking...... maybe Ferg can say most of the cost is shipping charges, therefore being able to justify the lower toy value. Sometimes shipping to Europe can cost as much as $40 usd for a 2 lb package going priority mail.
eldoobya
eldoobya
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  smokebelch Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:35 am

eldoobya wrote:Wouldn't it be illegal for Ferg to mark down the actual price? Isn't this avoiding customs fees?

Why would you want him risk this? It's not Ferg's fault your country charges too much in import taxes.

It really blows the fees are so high. You really got be careful on what toys u buy and keep it limited to stuff you really, really, like. I totally understand the addiction to vinyl but u know the price of the toys and the fees associated. I hate to sound like a dick, but don't buy it if u can't afford it.

Edit: I was just thinking...... maybe Ferg can say most of the cost is shipping charges, therefore being able to justify the lower toy value. Sometimes shipping to Europe can cost as much as $40 usd for a 2 lb package going priority mail.

Its not so much the import tax fees but more the ridiculous charges that the postal companies add on top.
For the last Squadt I recieved the import tax was £7- more than happy to pay that... However I also had to pay Parcelforce £14 'processing' fees. And I also had to wait an extra week for them to send out a letter to me asking for me to pay the fee, delaying the delivery.
Im well aware of the chance of import fees for stuff- and always factor in that with any purchases. However threezero (who make and ship the Squadts) also are part of 3A, and will mark down items with a lower value if requested. Ferg posted a while back that threezero would be happy to mark down our orders if we asked them to. However most of our requests have been ignored, while I know from other boardies who collect 3A stuff that all their 3A orders have been marked down and avoided the charges.
If they had said that they wouldn't be able to markdown then thats fair enough- would perfectly understand, just kinda annoying that they said they would and yet haven't bothered. I've never blamed ferg for this, just hoped that we could get some clarification on who we need to contact, and wether they will still do this.
smokebelch
smokebelch
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  zmigol Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:09 am

eldoobya:

smokebelch pretty much summed everything up i just want to add that the original intent of opening this topic was just to vent a little and hear other people experiences about this.

In no way is anyone demanding anything from ferg regarding this issue, if it's possible, great, if not, life goes on.

And obviously it's not legal to mark things down, but everyone does it and Threezero pretty much does this all the time so why not do it to everyone that requests it.....

We're used to it by now, it makes things harder but not impossible. It just sucks because i'd rather give the $ customs charge to the artists.

zmigol
zmigol
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  eldoobya Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:30 am

I never realized besides customs the shipping companies added charges. That's brutal.

Sorry, at first read I thought this came off as blaming Ferg for the excess charges. I see now that this is just a discussion. Didn't mean to be offensive.

I am so glad I don't have to deal with this. That is a lot of extra money that the artists deserve more. I hope there is a way that Ferg can help out the international collectors. I would hate for people to stop buying toys because of money grubbing shipping companies.
eldoobya
eldoobya
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  cripery Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:01 am

Just to echo smokebelch and zmigol really. If nothing can be done then that's cool. Just the way it is. Not blaming Ferg or anything like that. Just nice to blow off a bit of steam at these crazy admin charges they whack on top of the tax. violent Very Happy Would much prefer for my cash to be going to artists/manufacturers rather than rip off shipping companies.
cripery
cripery
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  eldoobya Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:44 am

I never realized besides customs the shipping companies added charges. That's brutal.

Sorry, at first read I thought this came off as blaming Ferg for the excess charges. I see now that this is just a discussion. Didn't mean to be offensive.

I am so glad I don't have to deal with this. That is a lot of extra money that the artists deserve more. I hope there is a way that Ferg can help out the international collectors. I would hate for people to stop buying toys because of money grubbing shipping companies.
eldoobya
eldoobya
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:04 am

ok, if you would like to request you package value to be marked down to a specific amount you can email bennyfok[at]three-zero.com

..not sure why some past requests have fallen through the cracks but it should be sorted now.

please don't email Benny with any other CS requests. You can email me with those> ferg@playge.net
Admin
Admin
FERG

http://www.jamungo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cripery Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:23 pm

Thanks for looking into this and making this arrangement Ferg! cheers - Really appreciate it. I'll drop Benny an email this morning and hopefully catch the Playge Doc. before he dispatches.

Again, thanks for going above and beyond for us guys time & time again.

Admin wrote:ok, if you would like to request you package value to be marked down to a specific amount you can email bennyfok[at]three-zero.com

..not sure why some past requests have fallen through the cracks but it should be sorted now.

please don't email Benny with any other CS requests. You can email me with those> ferg@playge.net
cripery
cripery
CAD Too Buku

Back to top Go down

Post  smokebelch Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:29 pm

Admin wrote:ok, if you would like to request you package value to be marked down to a specific amount you can email bennyfok[at]three-zero.com

Awesome- cheers ferg Very Happy
smokebelch
smokebelch
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinyvera Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:36 pm

Thanks Ferg Very Happy Email Benny next on the list Very Happy
Shinyvera
Shinyvera
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  itsa_mia Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:41 pm

clap What a Face clap
itsa_mia
itsa_mia
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

http://squadstlive.thecomicseries.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  zmigol Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:47 am

So my Doc got stuck!

I guess me vs customs is an impossible battle to win and it looks like i'm the only person worldwide who had issues with this release, nothing to do i guess.

It's the price to pay for living in a broke country that just wants to rip off every possible penny it can from it's citizens.

Maybe i should make a toymmigration Laughing
zmigol
zmigol
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next