COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

current ebay prices

+20
chelito19soccer
MagnumManipulator
ussross547
supershallow
squirmy
nvs03lex
dreamattack27
Eric
Coma21
DROBOT
whacko
abysmaldesign
chiprender
itsa_mia
yanyaniscool
dan-knee rock
mazdevilz
kaijukills
el_payaso_loco
lost?
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

current ebay prices Empty current ebay prices

Post  lost? Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:10 pm

Ive been watching quite a few Squadts on ebay over the last 2 weeks. Wink
Im VERY new to collecting Squadts, but did do a fair bit of digging about on the web to check out selling prices of previous versions before i started collecting.

Now i knew id have to invest a bit to get a decent collection together, and planned on spending a fair bit to buy a few of my favourites first, but WOW, whats happened?

Why the sudden rise in price? is it legit bidding? The midnight jack price last night was incredible, and so have a few of the other recent items.
lost?
lost?
Trench Warmer

Back to top Go down

current ebay prices Empty Re: current ebay prices

Post  el_payaso_loco Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:37 pm

Man i wonder the same damn thing. Its kinda bs because it sucks for any of us trying to get older stuff, even the new stuff is getting jacked up right away too. Seems in about the last 6 months or so from y observation the prices have just gotten kinda crazy. Its looking almost impossible to complete a collection if you dont have the previous releases...unless you got money falling out your pockets

back to selling on the street it is
el_payaso_loco
el_payaso_loco
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  kaijukills Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:44 pm

I think there are just a couple people with money to burn paying whatever they have to. Really does make it hard for us collectors trying to track down old stuff. I remember when i had all the old releases all of them to date but sadly sold them off over a year ago. Shit i sold my midnight jack chase version for $180.00 do not even wanna know what it would go for now. White and black copperheads just sold on the bay less then a hour ago for $250.00 each Shocked
kaijukills
kaijukills
CAD Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  mazdevilz Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:45 pm

I figured this would happen at some point, I just hoped my collection would be complete by then. What I did not anticipate was the retail editions selling out so fast. How else am I going to get customs made? I always thought retail squadts would be around which would make it easier.
mazdevilz
mazdevilz
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  dan-knee rock Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:58 pm

I feel sorry for those relatively new to collecting Squadts. I got into squadts about two years ago and had a pretty amazing collection. At the time, you were able to purchase the halloween squadts at $75 shipped, well after they sold out. I eventually sold my collection, but now got back into it.

Squadts have revolutionized the toy scene for me. I started the whole toy phase very very early, but felt that the scene was drying out for me, until I discovered squadts. Those that are looking for great detail and appreciation for clothes/accessories love squadts. I also think its a great bang for your buck. Articulation, accessories, and being able to play with the toy makes this well worth the money. I've spent a lot of money on toys, sold my collections. And now all I want to have is stuff from Ferg and Huck Gee.

The only time you can possibly get a good deal is when someone is in a jam and willing to see his whole collection ASAP.

dan-knee rock
CAD Grunt

http://www.fittedhawaii.com/hanahou/

Back to top Go down

Post  yanyaniscool Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:12 pm

Its quite insane how crazy the prices have gotten recently but not everyone is out to make money off of people, I still have been able to get a few Squadts from other members on this forum and other forums for close to the retail cost. I even scored a NKD Jack for $65 shipped the other day Smile Hopefully the people of this community feel the same way as I do and would price their figures accordingly if they decide to sell them instead of putting them on ebay and jacking up the prices. I know there are some nice honest members on here that definitely want to help other collectors instead of ripping them off. F*UCK the ebay resellers!
yanyaniscool
yanyaniscool
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  itsa_mia Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:37 pm

there were still good sales going on amongst the insanity

black copper $167
no. 10 $98
no. 23 $122
no. 45 $85
Nozzel s00? NKD w/pac 4 $120
Chipp S001 $168

focusing on outrageous max bids and accepting it as normal is when we're fckd
i'll stick to my guns and still say its a couple high rollers (and I would even guess they are new) driving current prices not necessarily rarity
plus the ebay software doesnt help matters as it drives up the prices automatically

but wtf do i know
itsa_mia
itsa_mia
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

http://squadstlive.thecomicseries.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  chiprender Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:42 am

I can say that I have personally paid higher prices for the more rare stuff...I've "justified" it to myself because of the rarity of ever seeing the come up AND the fact that I have sold off a LOT of the rest of my collections to focus on Squadt...I have whittled down my Ashley Wood collection to just those few prized pieces I enjoy staring at (and just last week sold a couple pieces that I never thought I'd let go). I've been a designer for 25 years...and Squadt to me represents the best in design...clean, appealing...basically, kickass...so I am willing to spend the dough (to a point) to get the ones I'm after....even if it means getting gouged a little. Anyhow...that's my 3 cents. Shocked

Sidenote: I always try to be as fair as I can when dealing with people in the communities...I've let many items go at far less than I could have scored on eBay....so i walk the walk.
chiprender
chiprender
CAD Too Buku

http://www.chipthompson.com

Back to top Go down

Post  abysmaldesign Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:53 am

What would be a good buying price on a No.45?
new, with shipping?
abysmaldesign
CAD Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  kaijukills Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:03 am

chiprender wrote:I can say that I have personally paid higher prices for the more rare stuff...I've "justified" it to myself because of the rarity of ever seeing the come up AND the fact that I have sold off a LOT of the rest of my collections to focus on Squadt...I have whittled down my Ashley Wood collection to just those few prized pieces I enjoy staring at (and just last week sold a couple pieces that I never thought I'd let go). I've been a designer for 25 years...and Squadt to me represents the best in design...clean, appealing...basically, kickass...so I am willing to spend the dough (to a point) to get the ones I'm after....even if it means getting gouged a little. Anyhow...that's my 3 cents. Shocked

Sidenote: I always try to be as fair as I can when dealing with people in the communities...I've let many items go at far less than I could have scored on eBay....so i walk the walk.

WORD
kaijukills
kaijukills
CAD Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  whacko Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:10 pm

I have been collecting Squadts since the beginning and I have a complete collection aside from the K11 chases (don't love K11 enough to pay flipper prices for the chases). The prices we are seeing now on some of the S002 & S003 Squadts aren't that much different than the prices people started to get for the S001 Squadts when S002 was winding down.

People come in late, get hooked and then want all the early ones just like most toys. The low production numbers mean that once these settle into collections they become very hard to find unless someone quits the game, and even though I have sadly been seeing more of this lately that still means you have as many as 10-20 people trying to get their hands on a single toy. Prices go up.

If you really want to collect the older ones, budget for them so that you don't miss out on new drops because you will pretty much always regret it if you miss a new drop to get an old toy. Also just because a bunch of older toys surface at once, don't feel like you need to try to get them all at once. If you collect long enough they will show up again and depending on the economy or the state of the toy market, they may pop up at a lower price.
whacko
whacko
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://jdecelles.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  yanyaniscool Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:03 pm

chiprender wrote:I can say that I have personally paid higher prices for the more rare stuff...I've "justified" it to myself because of the rarity of ever seeing the come up AND the fact that I have sold off a LOT of the rest of my collections to focus on Squadt...I have whittled down my Ashley Wood collection to just those few prized pieces I enjoy staring at (and just last week sold a couple pieces that I never thought I'd let go). I've been a designer for 25 years...and Squadt to me represents the best in design...clean, appealing...basically, kickass...so I am willing to spend the dough (to a point) to get the ones I'm after....even if it means getting gouged a little. Anyhow...that's my 3 cents. Shocked

Chip definitely walks the walk!!!!! He's a man of his word! cheers
yanyaniscool
yanyaniscool
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  DROBOT Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:58 pm

Holy Moly. Midnight Jack GID Chase is up to $260 already with 6 days left in the auction. I say it tops over $600. People are seriously having crack attacks for Squadts these days.
DROBOT
DROBOT
CAD Born Again Hard

http://www.myspace.com/djwillierossmusicpage/blog/418603583

Back to top Go down

Post  Coma21 Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:54 pm

it bums me out because i really want the copperhead squadt... bad! i have something in mind for it doesnt even matter what color but for what i want it for i cant justify over like $175
Coma21
Coma21
Trench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:00 pm

I am glad I got in to Ferg's Squadts from the beginning! I don't have a few of the Glow ones but I can live with that. With most of the figures being ltd to 200 or less it's no surprise that secondary market prices are so high. I'll sell my 3A collection long before I part with my Squadts!
Eric
Eric
CAD Special Forces

http://http:www.aftimes.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:26 am

As far as Copperheads, I am surprised at how much they are fetching. I think they are badass, but for so long they didn't seem to get the respect the deserved. Also, from what I have witnessed lately, the original colorway which has the largest edition size also has the highest resale value. Weird.

As far as selling on ebay versus on the boards, I've sold quite a bit to different folks on the boards at very good prices. Just last year I sold a Midnight Jack to a local boardie for retail. I sold a Halloween last week for retail to another local. I have no doubt that the private deals I've done could have been more lucrative on ebay, but I do what I can for people when I can.

I think Whacko is right in his comment. Keep up with the regular releases, and have a reserve so you can get the old ones when and if they come up for sale.

As far as why they are fetching such high prices now, it should be no shock to anyone. The product design and quality are top-notch, and they have a wider fan base with every release. And let's be honest, this is great news for Ferg, because steady/higher resale prices encourage collectors that are concerned with the investment aspect of their collecting. I have a huge Touma collection that I am selling off at less than 50% of what I paid for it, if I am lucky. But the Coarse and Squadt collections I have sold off have kind of balanced out so that I am breaking even at best. Ebay is a curse and a blessing. It means there is a way to reach a wide audience for what you are selling, and it means that if people out there own an item, it will eventually show up and you will have the chance to buy it. I paid $350 for my Chrome Aluminum Bud. I paid that because I wanted a complete collection and because it was an awesome piece. That was a markup I was willing to pay because that is what the market commanded, and that is pretty much what is happening now with Squadts.

dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  nvs03lex Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:59 am

DROBOT wrote:Holy Moly. Midnight Jack GID Chase is up to $260 already with 6 days left in the auction. I say it tops over $600. People are seriously having crack attacks for Squadts these days.
Wow now im really debating on letting go some of my squadts...
nvs03lex
nvs03lex
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  squirmy Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:00 am

I've also been amazed at the uptick in bidding on these guys after watching them on eBay for a long, long time...

How about the retail Playge Doctor that ended a few days ago for $190 + S&H w/ 17 bids? - wow!

(I have to wonder how much the albino edition would fetch nowadays...)

Agreed, the popularity is deserved given that these guys are so well designed + engineered... but man... those days when one could score a recent after-market edition for only +$20/+$30 (max) were a consolation when one couldn't show up in time for the official drop

no complaints - just gratitude for those figures already in my possession
squirmy
squirmy
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  supershallow Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:38 pm

in addition of the articulated arms and hands. squadts can only get to be much more badass! I've let go of a couple of squadts over the years for whatever reason but the ones i do have left are even more appreciated.
supershallow
CAD Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  dan-knee rock Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:14 pm

squirmy wrote:I've also been amazed at the uptick in bidding on these guys after watching them on eBay for a long, long time...

How about the retail Playge Doctor that ended a few days ago for $190 + S&H w/ 17 bids? - wow!

Agreed, the popularity is deserved given that these guys are so well designed + engineered... but man... those days when one could score a recent after-market edition for only +$20/+$30 (max) were a consolation when one couldn't show up in time for the official drop

The funny thing is that the Retail Playge Doctor SAT on retail shelves for a good while. I remember going into my favorite spot a year later and saw they had the Playge Doctor still.
dan-knee rock
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  ussross547 Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:31 pm

S001 Gassed is up on the bay... going heads up with Midnight Jack GID... This should be interesting! blueGID
ussross547
ussross547
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:59 pm

Indeed. Gassed S001 hardly ever shows up, and Midnight GID's are nearly non-existent. I would expect the Gassed to benefit from the bidders that lose out on the Midnight, since it ends 2 days ahead of the Gassed. It's interesting to watch, no doubt. Higher resale prices draw rare pieces out of collections. A couple of Launch Party Squadts have shown up over the last few days as well.
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamattack27 Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:03 pm

dan-knee rock wrote:
squirmy wrote:I've also been amazed at the uptick in bidding on these guys after watching them on eBay for a long, long time...

The funny thing is that the Retail Playge Doctor SAT on retail shelves for a good while. I remember going into my favorite spot a year later and saw they had the Playge Doctor still.

That happens all the time. Playge Doctors were around for a little bit, but the real uptick in Squadt collecting wiped them out. It's one of the best Squadt designs, and it is finally getting the well-due respect. Not to mention the Playge Skelve and the extra publicity from the show. NKD Jacks were around forever , too. But those are both earlier releases, and the number of collectors has skyrocketed since then. Keep in mind also, that retail releases have higher run numbers in order to draw in new collectors.
dreamattack27
dreamattack27
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  dan-knee rock Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:25 pm

I see that happening too. The edition size is getting larger to accommodate. I actually think all the helmets are amazing. I enjoy each release, but now I'm starting to customize my NKDs or whatever I'm able to find and add them with a PAC.
dan-knee rock
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  ussross547 Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:29 pm

dreamattack27 wrote:Indeed. Gassed S001 hardly ever shows up, and Midnight GID's are nearly non-existent. I would expect the Gassed to benefit from the bidders that lose out on the Midnight, since it ends 2 days ahead of the Gassed. It's interesting to watch, no doubt. Higher resale prices draw rare pieces out of collections. A couple of Launch Party Squadts have shown up over the last few days as well.

i was thinking about throwing my hat into the ring for Midnight GID but that's going to go insane. I LOVE my s001 Gassed and couldn't part with him... Whoever wins both of these will be happy!!!!!! What a Face
ussross547
ussross547
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next