COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on Aftermarket Squadt Prices

2 posters

Go down

Thoughts on Aftermarket Squadt Prices Empty Thoughts on Aftermarket Squadt Prices

Post  ianthegamer Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:29 pm

Okay so Im new here and will probably be flamed for bringing this up or it will go into a huge debate where people Bicker... hope neither happen to the negative extent.

I come from the Kidrobot board where flipping is extremely frowned upon. Now I understand Dunnys and Squadts are completely different things especially since dunnys can run up to editions in the 1000s while squadts appear to be 200 and less.

My question here is do you guys feel the aftermarket prices are fair? do you feel they are too high? Whats the opinion here on the boards. Do you see it as flipping as many would call it or do you see it as an agreeable price and welcome it to validate your collections as an investment?

Any opinions or thoughts are welcomed. If this thread was created before im sorry. Im not judging anyone on prices either (I cant stress this enough. Im not trying to attack anyone). Im just trying to get a feel for everyone opinion here on the CAD board.
ianthegamer
ianthegamer
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Aftermarket Squadt Prices Empty Re: Thoughts on Aftermarket Squadt Prices

Post  ontheDL Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:52 pm

While prices on some of the first are rarer squadts can be pretty high, I think they're pretty fair for the most part. The highest prices are always on the squadts that were the toughest to get. And look at midnight jack. It wasn't THAT limited, but it's one of the most badass pieces ferg has ever done. I'd have no problem paying market value for him if I didnt have one. You really have to consider the retail price on these and the amount of detail that is put into every release. It's obvious that a lot of thought is put into the clothing and accessories, and every piece is always unique.

I've also been lucky enough to never have to go to eBay for a squadt. I've never missed a drop that I really wanted. Got lucky on drifter but that probably would've been the first time I had to go to the secondary market had I missed it. If you really want a squadt store drop and you're there on time, you have a good chance of scoring it.

A lot of people that came into squadts late like to focus on the new drops at retail and occasionally grab up a favorite when they pop up on the aftermarket. If you're only trying to pick up older squadts, you're gonna go broke pretty quickly. Find the ones you really, REALLY love, find out their average price, and wait for one to pop up. You'll find the best deals here. Everything comes up for sale eventually, you just have to be ready to wait for it.
ontheDL
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Aftermarket Squadt Prices Empty Re: Thoughts on Aftermarket Squadt Prices

Post  ontheDL Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:54 pm

Also...for almost every new drop through the squadt store, there's a different retail version that is only available to retailers. They're usually limited to 500 and always easier to get.
ontheDL
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  ianthegamer Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:05 pm

very true. Its easy to forget that there is more put into squadts than say the dunny because the charm of the squadt is looking so simplistic at first glance. Of course once you really look at it and see the outfits the weapons and so forth you realize its very detailed and simple at the same time. best of both worlds.

Im def in no mood to buy the older ones lol. I would love the first two gohst and the docs and id be happy lol.
ianthegamer
ianthegamer
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down