COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Painting a Squadt: Not Step by Step - A Work in Progress

+28
Drake79
Silver
ilovefreestufftoo
kuhwinters
patrick40
dan-knee rock
alarment
geopina
ROACHSHACK138
CankleBreaker
niskio
Louhemp007
Are-Jay
jandrolex8
ludok
edstuff
ontheDL
LonerStoner
Teimaru
cripery
Colossus of Destiny
JasperF
slinky42
zmigol
mechanizer
mazdevilz
Takemaru
itsa_mia
32 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Painting a Squadt:  Not Step by Step - A Work in Progress - Page 7 Empty Re: Painting a Squadt: Not Step by Step - A Work in Progress

Post  ontheDL Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:44 am

That's most likely what I'll be doing. Thanks for the info.

I really can't wait for the new assembly.
ontheDL
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Painting a Squadt:  Not Step by Step - A Work in Progress - Page 7 Empty Re: Painting a Squadt: Not Step by Step - A Work in Progress

Post  Vulpini Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:57 am

does anyone have a primer they like using for vinyl?
Vulpini
CAD Born Again Hard

http://www.thevulpini.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ROACHSHACK138 Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:56 am

Has anyone tried Tamiya? Monster Kolor is just too expensive for my blood lol!
ROACHSHACK138
ROACHSHACK138
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  Vulpini Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:56 am

I'll be using tamiya in a couple days and post to you how it is, just got all my materials today's.
I'll keep you posted

Also I'm sure other people have used it
Vulpini
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  Colossus of Destiny Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:04 am

I LOVE TAMIYA PAINTS ahhhh!
Colossus of Destiny
Colossus of Destiny
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  Vulpini Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:41 am

Has anyone used Montana gold on vinyl??
Vulpini
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  ROACHSHACK138 Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:46 am

Here's so WIP of Tamiya yellow. I stripped off some of the paint I had applied from earlier paint jobs, so the the helmet had black and grey patches. Was a little rough getting a base coat because of the different primers already on, and was too lazy and eager to prime it one color, but all in all, I'm happy with the results. Might need to buy one more can though so I can add another final layer or 2.

Painting a Squadt:  Not Step by Step - A Work in Progress - Page 7 20150608_160802
ROACHSHACK138
ROACHSHACK138
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  Vulpini Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:07 am

Looks good, I was just using a green about an hour ago. I've also got some other parts that are ready to get primed which ill be doing in about an hour.
Vulpini
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  itsa_mia Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:50 am

yellow docs awesome cyclops
itsa_mia
itsa_mia
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

http://squadstlive.thecomicseries.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ROACHSHACK138 Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:51 am

Thanks, Jay and Vulpini bow

So what's some painting rigs people have/use? I use some wooden skewers jammed in place, but I can't seem to paint underneath efficiently enough. Still not able to really get the crevices under the cheeks and bottom "chin" of the mask, so any tips for holding the mask in different angles? Tilting the can isn't enough Laughing
ROACHSHACK138
ROACHSHACK138
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  Vulpini Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:55 am

I usually use a hook(s) and Hang whatever I'm working on, keep in mind though that it only works on some pieces, and if not properly set up will leave you with a mess, (also remember what sprays up sometimes comes down)
But remember to have fun, you might fk up but other people don't need to know

Vulpini
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  itsa_mia Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:25 am

stick and a box here too Razz

dl howd yours come along?
itsa_mia
itsa_mia
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

http://squadstlive.thecomicseries.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  CankleBreaker Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:55 am

From my experiences, Montana spray cans come out really thick and heavy, only used it on plastic tho so not sure about vinyl.
I normally use Tamiya TS series spray cans on my figures and they work wonders, I also use Mr. Hobby matte clear coat.
When I'm painting helmets I use a "to-go" wooden chopsticks you can find at any take out shop and they fit perfectly in the small hole inside the helmet.
CankleBreaker
CankleBreaker
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  Teimaru Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:03 am

CankleBreaker wrote:From my experiences, Montana spray cans come out really thick and heavy, only used it on plastic tho so not sure about vinyl.
I normally use Tamiya TS series spray cans on my figures and they work wonders, I also use Mr. Hobby matte clear coat.
When I'm painting helmets I use a "to-go" wooden chopsticks you can find at any take out shop and they fit perfectly in the small hole inside the helmet.

I would say the same.
From my experience, the best result I obtained with spraycans are with Tamiya sprays.
I'm still looking for a good good clear coat, untill now I used citadel clear coat, but sometime result isn't so perfect. So might try to find a mr hobby one and try it.
Teimaru
Teimaru
CAD Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  Vulpini Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:12 am

Damn. I might need to rethink this then, I'm glad I haven't done any painting with the Montana yet. I may just use it for a helmet. Tamiya came out perfectly. I picked up a couple different clear coats, if anyone does have one that works well let me know
Vulpini
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  Vulpini Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:08 am

Reg. spray paints actually work very well, I've used only montana gold but they're nice.

Similar to tamiya, they do come on a bit heavier but there is no need for primer and dry quickly.

Just thought I'd give everyone an update.
Vulpini
CAD Born Again Hard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7