COLLECT AND DESTROY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Combat Sports ..

+7
whacko
EL PADRINO
Crow
Assburrito!
BigC
wpaarts
Attila The Dan
11 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Combat Sports .. - Page 2 Empty Re: Combat Sports ..

Post  ontheDL Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:44 pm

Only a matter of time before they make the dream match happen. Silva vs GSP Shocked
ontheDL
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Attila The Dan Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:59 pm

ontheDL wrote:Only a matter of time before they make the dream match happen. Silva vs GSP Shocked

Yeah, I read today that apparently Silva was considering dropping down to ww to fight GSP, rather than everyone waiting on GSP to move up. I love GSP but he has nothing for Anderson, if someone with Dan Hendersons wrestling ability can't keep Anderson. Down, I don't see how GSP will. Would be a great fight.
Attila The Dan
Attila The Dan
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:15 pm

Attila The Dan wrote:
ontheDL wrote:Only a matter of time before they make the dream match happen. Silva vs GSP Shocked

Yeah, I read today that apparently Silva was considering dropping down to ww to fight GSP, rather than everyone waiting on GSP to move up. I love GSP but he has nothing for Anderson, if someone with Dan Hendersons wrestling ability can't keep Anderson. Down, I don't see how GSP will. Would be a great fight.

Most fighters walk around about 10 -20 lbs over their fighting weight. If I understand correctly, Anderson walks around nearly 20 lbs above his fighting weight, and GSP walks around at his fighting weight. Anderson is a much bigger man and will destroy GSP. Look at how it went down with GSP and BJ. I think the best challenge for Anderson would be one of the top light heavies. Hopefully one of them would sack up and fight him. According to MMA weekly Light Heavies rank like this: Machida, Evans, Rua, Rampage, Silva (even though he's a MW)
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Attila The Dan Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:04 am

BigC wrote:Most fighters walk around about 10 -20 lbs over their fighting weight. If I understand correctly, Anderson walks around nearly 20 lbs above his fighting weight, and GSP walks around at his fighting weight. Anderson is a much bigger man and will destroy GSP. Look at how it went down with GSP and BJ. I think the best challenge for Anderson would be one of the top light heavies. Hopefully one of them would sack up and fight him. According to MMA weekly Light Heavies rank like this: Machida, Evans, Rua, Rampage, Silva (even though he's a MW)

Anderson fought and DESTROYED Forrest Griffin @ LHW not long ago. I agree that his real challenges are at LHW, He needs to fight Machida but it will never happen because they are buddies.. Not sure about Shogun though, if Shogun beats Machida next month id like to see that happen! I think he would probably destroythe rest of the LHW division .. Rampage will get picked apart unless he catches anderson with a bomb .. Rampage doesnt like the Muay Thai style, bad match up for him, look wat Wanderlei did to him in Pride with those Knees .. Ouch!
Attila The Dan
Attila The Dan
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:56 am

Attila The Dan wrote:
BigC wrote:Most fighters walk around about 10 -20 lbs over their fighting weight. If I understand correctly, Anderson walks around nearly 20 lbs above his fighting weight, and GSP walks around at his fighting weight. Anderson is a much bigger man and will destroy GSP. Look at how it went down with GSP and BJ. I think the best challenge for Anderson would be one of the top light heavies. Hopefully one of them would sack up and fight him. According to MMA weekly Light Heavies rank like this: Machida, Evans, Rua, Rampage, Silva (even though he's a MW)

Anderson fought and DESTROYED Forrest Griffin @ LHW not long ago. I agree that his real challenges are at LHW, He needs to fight Machida but it will never happen because they are buddies.. Not sure about Shogun though, if Shogun beats Machida next month id like to see that happen! I think he would probably destroythe rest of the LHW division .. Rampage will get picked apart unless he catches anderson with a bomb .. Rampage doesnt like the Muay Thai style, bad match up for him, look wat Wanderlei did to him in Pride with those Knees .. Ouch!

I'd love to see him fight rashad. I can't stand him. hahaha
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Attila The Dan Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:29 am

BigC wrote:I'd love to see him fight rashad. I can't stand him. hahaha

Yeah, i know what you mean.. Rashad winds me up. Its Rampage vs Rashad next, hopefully Rampage will knock him the fuck out! What a Face
Attila The Dan
Attila The Dan
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  evilindsey Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:41 am

wpaarts wrote:I prefer soccer to football.
Though hockey is my game What a Face

I'm Canadian and only one sport matters here, Hockey. Do you watch any NHL? My girlfriend just refuses to get into it but playoff start wednesday. WOOOOOO!

NR
evilindsey
evilindsey
Trench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post  wpaarts Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:55 am

Hockey is THE GAME!

It's crazy one of the twins won the Art Ross Trophy cyclops

Go Wings Exclamation
wpaarts
wpaarts
COLLECTOR-DESTOYER

http://www.dynamofffc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ontheDL Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:00 am

Not a big fan of hockey. How bout that UFC though? Fuckin Silva. That was bullshit. I know he's in a league of his own, but there's no reason for that nonsense.

This is the shit I wanna see

ontheDL
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  evilindsey Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:19 am

wpaarts wrote:Hockey is THE GAME!

It's crazy one of the twins won the Art Ross Trophy cyclops

Go Wings Exclamation

I'm glad the Sedins are getting the accolades. They are awesome to watch. And ovi got shut down, YAY!!!!!!!! 2 canadians win the Rocket Richard trophy.

Who's should win the Hart? I say Crosby.

NR
evilindsey
evilindsey
Trench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post  evilindsey Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:36 am

ontheDL wrote:Not a big fan of hockey. How bout that UFC though? Fuckin Silva. That was bullshit. I know he's in a league of his own, but there's no reason for that nonsense.

That was embarrasing, Silva made a mockery of the fight. Even the ref didn't look like he wanted to raise Silva's hand.

Big ups to Frankie Edgar. I think BJ gave that belt away. He stayed on his feet but for what purpose. He has awesome Jujuitsu, why didn't he take Edgar down? After the fight and before the announcement, the look on BJ's face says it all.

NR

Last edited by evilindsey on Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad grammar)
evilindsey
evilindsey
Trench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post  Attila The Dan Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:57 pm

ontheDL wrote:How bout that UFC though? Fuckin Silva. That was bullshit. I know he's in a league of his own, but there's no reason for that nonsense.

Yeah man, really dissapointed with Silva on Sat. The guy is a master, he should have finished Maia and cut the bullshit out. Now i really want to see someone beat his fucking ass senseless .. We need Hendo back in the UFC, or prehaps Chael Sonnen will do the job.

Machida Shogun II next, for the UFC which will be cool, i like both fighters but im leaning towards Shogun after the first fight which he won IMO. Koscheck vs Daley on that card too which should be a guaranteed KO fight.

Dan Henderson fights this weekend in Strikeforce, allways good to see Hendo.
Attila The Dan
Attila The Dan
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  NefariousNR Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:32 am

NefariousNR
NefariousNR
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Attila The Dan Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:12 pm

War Sonnen! Hope he beats the living shit out of Anderson .. Although unlikely! mad2
Attila The Dan
Attila The Dan
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  NefariousNR Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:17 pm

Attila The Dan wrote:

War Sonnen! Hope he beats the living shit out of Anderson .. Although unlikely! mad2

I think Sonnen can beat him. I think Gegard Mousassi could beat silva if he would sign with the ufc.
NefariousNR
NefariousNR
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  NefariousNR Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:28 am

Strike Force was rather boring on saturday. I only got to see the 3 main fights and all went 5 rounds. That brawl at the end of the Shields/Hendo fight has gotten SF in hot water with CBS. I'm surprised at performance of Mousassi. Anyone else watch?
NefariousNR
NefariousNR
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  ontheDL Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:44 am

No way Sonnen can beat Silva. No way!
ontheDL
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:55 am

NefariousNR wrote:Strike Force was rather boring on saturday. I only got to see the 3 main fights and all went 5 rounds. That brawl at the end of the Shields/Hendo fight has gotten SF in hot water with CBS. I'm surprised at performance of Mousassi. Anyone else watch?

mousassi, def surprised me. I didn't think it was boring at all. Any news on the CBS SF thing
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  NefariousNR Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:14 am

ontheDL wrote:No way Sonnen can beat Silva. No way!

You haven't seen enough of Sonnen's fights. He's the only one on the UFC roster that has a chance, and he's got a pretty good chance
NefariousNR
NefariousNR
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  NefariousNR Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:36 am

BigC wrote:
NefariousNR wrote:Strike Force was rather boring on saturday. I only got to see the 3 main fights and all went 5 rounds. That brawl at the end of the Shields/Hendo fight has gotten SF in hot water with CBS. I'm surprised at performance of Mousassi. Anyone else watch?

mousassi, def surprised me. I didn't think it was boring at all. Any news on the CBS SF thing

Nothing yet, CBS is pissed at how the brawl at the end of the Sheilds/Hendo fight make them look. I find it weird because no networks freak out over brawls in baseball or football.
NefariousNR
NefariousNR
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  ontheDL Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:10 am

NefariousNR wrote:

You haven't seen enough of Sonnen's fights. He's the only one on the UFC roster that has a chance, and he's got a pretty good chance

I have, and now that Dana White says he'll cut Silva if he does that bullshit again, we're gonna see a good ol' fashioned ass whoopin.
ontheDL
ontheDL
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  NefariousNR Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:48 am

ontheDL wrote:
NefariousNR wrote:

I have, and now that Dana White says he'll cut Silva if he does that bullshit again, we're gonna see a good ol' fashioned ass whoopin.

Could be, but Silva might also leave himself open to a KO punch while trying to whoop ass. I'm routin for Sonnen
NefariousNR
NefariousNR
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Attila The Dan Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:09 pm

Sonnen has a punches chance .. Thats about it, i hope he can pull it off!

Man i am soooo dissapointed with Hendo on the weekend, after he dropped shilds with that right in the first few seconds i though holy fuck this is over .. Then he just got owned by shilds .. I feel bad, i have followd Hendo since pride. Feels lika an end of an era.
Attila The Dan
Attila The Dan
CAD Special Forces

Back to top Go down

Post  NefariousNR Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:33 am

Attila The Dan wrote:Sonnen has a punches chance .. Thats about it, i hope he can pull it off!

Man i am soooo dissapointed with Hendo on the weekend, after he dropped shilds with that right in the first few seconds i though holy fuck this is over .. Then he just got owned by shilds .. I feel bad, i have followd Hendo since pride. Feels lika an end of an era.

It could be the end of an era, he's 39 now isnt' he?
NefariousNR
NefariousNR
CAD Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post  BigC Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:50 am

NefariousNR wrote:
Attila The Dan wrote:Sonnen has a punches chance .. Thats about it, i hope he can pull it off!

It could be the end of an era, he's 39 now isnt' he?

There's only been one old man who has gotten better with time and even his time is done, Couture. My fave, Chuck is pretty much washed too.
BigC
BigC
c0113c70r_D3$7r0y3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next